BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 16 August 2011

IDIOMS

Hey guyz. I wanna share some idioms with all of you. I hope you all can use it in essay or real life\

1. at the eleventh hour: at the last minute; almost too late.

"Yes, I got the worn on assignment in time. I finished it at the eleventh hour, but I wasn't late.

2. be broke: be without money.

"No, I can't lend you ten ringgit. I'm completely broke until payday."

3. beat around the bush: evade an issue; avoid giving a direct answer.

"Quit beating around the bush! If you don't want to go with me, just tell me!"

4. Break a leg!: Good luck!

"I understand you have a job interview tomorrow. Break a leg!"

5. Cut it out!: stop doing something (that's annoying).

"You kids are making too much noise. Cut it out!"

6. an eager beaver: a person who is always willing to volunteer or do extra work.

"Mariah is certainly an eager beaver. Any time there's work to be done,
she's the first to say she'll help."

7. feel blue: feel sad and depressed.

"I'm feeling blue because I haven't had any mail except bills for a long, long time."

8. grab a bite: get something to eat.

"I'm really hungry. Would you like to grab a bite with me?"

1 comments:

Polis27 said...

that strange...even until now...i cant post anything...and we must send our port folio today....(-_-)"